In order to pave the way for the mermaids to come this summer, you must set the scene full of ocean-themed snacks and treats. That is why I made a fruit basket from an orange, filling it with tons of fresh summery fruits as well as making these No Bake Oyster Cookies with a gluten free cereal puff posing as a pearl. The mermaids will love them, I’m sure of it!
RELATED: Lemony Hummus Crab Dip
These No Bake Oyster Cookies are the easiest things to whip up, anyone can make them! Want to really wow your kids? Crush up a handful of gluten free graham crackers (you can use this recipe if you like), coat a plate with them and add the cookies on top to make it look like sand. You can even cut up fresh fruit into fun shapes like starfish. Now you got yourself an ocean-themed treat!
Turn your ordinary gluten free cookies into a bottom-of-the-sea treat with these No Bake Oyster Cookies, featuring an allergen-friendly cereal puff posing as a pearl. Don’t forget the homemade vegan googly eyes!
RELATED: Ocean Themed Snack Ideas
- 10 mini gluten free cookies
- 10 gluten free puff cereal balls
- 20 googly eyes
- favorite icing of choice
- red natural food coloring
- Attach the googly eyes to five cookies using powdered sugar and a little water to pose as the glue. Allow to set for 10 minutes.
- Mix the icing with the red food coloring until evenly combined.
- Add a teaspoon or so onto the other five cookies. Place the cereal puff in the middle and top with the other cookie with the eyes already glued on.
RELATED: Fish Pizza