Not only are these easy key lime pie bars a cinch to whip up, they make a great after school snack or dessert for those moments your kids (or YOU) need something slightly sweet to eat.
You would never guess that these Easy Key Lime Pie Bars are made with…wanna take a guess? Give up? Cashews! Sorry, I didn’t give you a whole lot of time to guess, now did I? I just get excited about sharing this secret because no one, and I mean no one, ever suspects this. They are the perfect treat for those moments you need something tart, slightly sweet, and ultra-silk/creamy.
Recipe Notes: The crust calls for gluten free graham crackers. If you cannot have some of the ingredients that are in most store-bought crackers, you can always make this homemade version that are gluten, egg, and dairy free. OR if you want to avoid graham crackers altogether and opt for a no-bake version, you can use the crust base in this No Bake Key Lime Pie recipe.
These Easy Key Lime Pie Bars do not come without rave reviews. I have served these countless times to unsuspecting citizens and not only do they say they taste amazing but they also had NO clue that they were made with cashews and no dairy!
- 2 c. ground gluten free graham crackers (for a vegan option, use this recipe or use ground up Chex cereal)
- ½ c. coconut oil, melted (use refined if you don't like coconut flavor)
- 2 c. raw cashews, soaked for 2 hours, liquid drained
- ½ c. fresh lime juice (from 2-3 limes)
- zest of 2 limes
- ¾ c. dairy free milk
- ⅓ c. maple syrup
- ⅓ c. coconut oil, melted (use refined if you don't like coconut flavor)
- 3-4 drops all natural green food coloring (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs and coconut oil until the texture is like wet sand. Firmly pat the bottom of the pan with the crust mix until it is packed in. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned on top. Allow to fully cool.
- While the crust is cooling, throw all of the pie filling ingredients into a high-speed blender until thick yet smooth. Pour the filling mix on top of the crust. Cover and freeze for a couple of hours until ready to slice.
- Cut into 12 bars.
Don’t take my word for it. I double dog dare you to make them and find out yourself…