I’ve been learning so much about how to deal with life this week. This recipe for a Giant Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie (gluten, egg, and dairy free too!) is a great representation of said lesson. Let me explain…
You can set out to do something all you’d like but always be open to (and expect) set backs. In fact, allow those set backs to be your teacher and your guide. When you get caught up on your version of how you think life is supposed to happen, you miss out on what it’s really about. In fact, I know from personal experience that if I am not open to learning from my set backs I become rigid, angry and unwilling to budge. The antithesis of growth.
The best part of staying open to any possibility in life? You create a HUGE cookie that can be enjoyed by everyone at the same time. It’s even more fun to fight over that favorite piece. And that, after all, really is what life is about…Print
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line a pizza pan or baking sheet with parchment paper.
- With aCombine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- With an electric mixer, blend the dairy free buttah and sugars together until well combined. Beat in the aquafaba “egg” for another 30 seconds.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and sea salt. Fold in rolled oats and chocolate chips.
- Place the cookie dough onto the pizza pan or baking sheet. Spread flat and evenly with your fingers.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until brown along the edges. It won’t look like it’s baked through in the middle; you want this. The more it sits out of the oven, the more it will set. Cut pie slices out of the giant cookie before it fully cools.