We all have our differences when it comes to the classic brownie and each side has their fierce supporters. Some people want they really want their brownies to be dense, thick with chocolate and nothing but chewy. There are others who love a lighter bite, resembling a cake-like texture but full of chocolatey goodness. I fall in the latter camp most times. Let’s be honest, I’ll take any brownie but if I really had the choice I would take a more cakey dessert treat and this recipe is just that (Which is why these really ARE the best gluten-free & vegan brownies)*.
*Of course this is just subjective but I like to believe that my opinion is right 😉
Your options for this recipe is vast. You have the choice to add or subtract whatever add-ins you’d like. I put just dairy free chocolate chips this time around but I usually LOVE a good handful of walnuts too. I’m a texture freak and I love the flavor of walnuts in my brownies. You, however, might be different, so add (or don’t) whatever you like. What an accommodating recipe! See, it’s another reason why these are the best gluten-free & vegan brownies. Okay, am I killing it for you already?
If you are looking for a softer, cake-like bite that if full of chocolate goodness, then these really are the best gluten-free & vegan brownies you can eat!Print
- 1 c. Cara’s All-Purpose Flour Blend
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/3 c. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 c. dairy free milk
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. nondairy chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. chopped walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease or line a 8″ x 8″ brownie pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour all of the wet ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Place into brownie pan and bake for 20-30 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned and firm a toothpick/knife comes out clean.
- Allow to sit in the pan and fully cool.
- Serving Size: 1 Brownie
- Calories: 286
- Sugar: 28g
- Sodium: 87mg
- Fat: 11g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Protein: 4g
Looking for more brownie? Give these unique recipes a try:
This recipe has been updated as of 9/8/16. For the original recipe, you can find it in my cookbook, Decadent Gluten Free Vegan Baking.