There are a couple of places that make me squeal like a little girl. No, I’m not even kidding–on my way to said places, I have actually screamed like a fan-crazed tween. One of them being Michael’s craft store. I tell you, one of the reasons why I had a difficult time adjusting to living in L.A. was due to the fact that there were no good craft stores nearby. Well, the Universe must have heard my bitching because one fabulous Michael’s store opened up very close to where I live recently and I find myself cruising the aisles almost on a daily basis.
I find that the creativity begins to possess my brain when I’m there–I’m like the “Los Angeles Medium for the Spirits of Crafty Gluten, Egg, and Dairy-Free Baking Ideas.” (I will have to work on the name if I plan on making a reality show out of that). I typically have to bring a pad of paper and pen with me because the ideas start to go overboard and wouldn’t you know it! These Flying Bat Cookie Pops are one of the ideas I received while I was there so I guess I can say that this recipe was brought to you by our sponsor Michael’s.Print
- 15 mini allergen friendly cookies (2 for the body and 1 cut in half for wings–or use 2 gf pretzels)
- 3 Tbsp. peanut butter (or almond butter, sunflower seed) + 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar, mixed together
- 10 homemade googly eyes
- red gf sprinkles for mouth and fangs (optional)
- 5 popsicle sticks
- 1/2 c. nondairy chocolate, melted
- Place approximately 1 tsp. of the peanut butter and powdered sugar mixture onto the back of one cookie.
- Set each cookie half or both pretzels on top of the layer of peanut butter.
- Place another teaspoon full of peanut butter onto the back of the other cookie. Sandwich both cookies together.
- Gently place the stick into the peanut butter. Freeze for 10-15 minutes.
- Place the cookie pop on a piece of wax paper and gently coat with melted chocolate. Place eyes on the body and freeze for 10 minutes to fully set.
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 160mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g