I so want to decorate my broccoli tree (if you follow me on Instagram you will know what I am talking about) with these mini bagel Christmas ornaments! What a perfect holiday party appetizer/brunch selection/or Christmas morning breakfast to devour in the comfort of your own home. Alone. In a dark corner. Or shamelessly in front of all your house guests. Look at that! You have so many options with this holiday-inspired treat. Wow, so many ways to win.
RELATED: Penguin Crackers
You are definitely not obliged to stick to the vegetables I have chosen to decorate my ornaments. You have all the veggies to choose from: tomatoes, red onions, cucumbers, bell peppers, chives, lettuce, heck anything colorful, you name it, you can decorate your mini bagels with! In fact, if you don’t want to use bagels, you can always get a box of your favorite round crackers, slather some homemade herbed cashew cream cheese or store-bought cream cheese on it, decorate your ornaments and call it the perfect appetizer.
RELATED: Ruddie Oatmeal Bowl
Turn breakfast into DIY edible decorations with these Mini Bagel Christmas Ornaments:Print
- 10 mini bagels )or use round crackers)
- 1 c. cream cheese (or use this recipe for Herbed Cashew Spreadable Cheese
- sliced veggies to decorate
- cucumbers for the tops
- toothpicks for the hooks
- Slice the mini bagels and lightly toast.
- Slather each half with cream cheese.
- Decorate with thinly sliced veggies.
- Place the cucumber on top and place a toothpick through to keep it together.
- Serving Size: 1 mini bagel
RELATED: Santa Bagels