These Frozen Banana Chocolate Pops are a simple way to honor your favorite childhood treat with a new and fun twist on them! Plus, in an instant they turn into a great doggy-themed dessert, what’s NOT to love?!
Summer is approaching and you are looking for new ways to feed your kids healthier treats to cool them down. Make fruit the main star in your dessert and pair it with Silk’s Dark Chocolate Nutchello to transform these frozen pops into a creamy, chocolate-y dream for your kids.
RELATED: DIY Vegan Drumsticks
All you need are FOUR simple ingredients for these Frozen Banana Chocolate Pops:
- Silk’s Dark Chocolate Nutchello
- cocoa powder (the dark kind works especially well!)
- crushed peanuts
Take it one step further and turn your dessert into the cutest little puppy dog-shaped Frozen Banana Chocolate Pups. You get it? Not pops, but pups because they’re dogs…is this thing on? Okay, I’ll stop.
RELATED: Chewy Bar Ice Cream Sandwiches
The only difficult thing about making these Frozen Banana Chocolate Pops is waiting for them to set. Arg, the patience of waiting just kills me sometimes…Print
For the Frozen Banana Chocolate Pops:
- 3 bananas, ripe
- 2 Tbsp. dark chocolate Nutchello
- 2 tsp. cocoa powder
- 1/2 c. peanuts, crushed
- 4 popsicle sticks
For the face:
- 8 homemade googly eyes
- 4 dark chocolate discs, cut in half
- 4 mini gluten free cookies
- 4 jelly beans
- Throw together everything but the peanuts into a high speed blend until completely smooth.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze for 1-2 hours until semi-firm.
- Place sticks into the pops. They should be able to stand on their own. Freeze several hours until completely firm.
- Place the mold under warm for easy removal.
- Dip into the crushed peanuts.
- Using melted chocolate as the glue, add the googly eyes, chocolate discs, cookie and jelly bean for the completion of the face.
- Freeze until firm again or eat right away.
Either way you make them (dog-shaped or not), these pops are the perfect, less-of-the-sugar treats for your kids. So I dare you to make them and not love them.
RELATED: Nice Cream Milkshakes