Let the Brunch Off begin!
The secret ingredient given to me from the incredible lifestyle website BlissTree? Rhubarb.
To see the article and another great way to cook with rhubarb, click here. Full of rhubarb and strawberries–you will be in Spring-ready fruit heaven!
Strawberry-Rhubarb Stuffed Pancakes
Gluten, egg, and dairy-free
Makes 4 large pancakes
- 1 c. Cara’s gluten-free flour mix
- 1 c. non-dairy milk + 1 Tb apple cider vinegar (allow to sit for 7-10 minutes)
- 2 Tb olive oil
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tb sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 c. thinly chopped rhubarb
- 1/2 c. thinly chopped strawberries
Directions for Pancakes:
- Combine the dry ingredients together in a large Pyrex measuring cup (I like to use this because it’s easiest to pour the batter out onto the skillet but you can just use a bowl and scoop the batter out with a small measuring cup if you do not have a Pyrex).
- Make a well in the center and add the wet ingredients. Mix until just combined. Allow to sit while you heat up the skillet.
- Pour batter onto the skillet and quickly place approximately 1 Tb of the chopped rhubarb and strawberries on the top of the batter. Cook until sides are bubbly and firm, then flip over. Cook until lightly brown.
- Serve with Strawberry-Rhubarb syrup (recipe below).
Strawberry-Rhubarb Syrup Recipe:
1/2 c. chopped rhubarb
1/2 c. chopped strawberries
1 Tb sugar
1/3 c. water
Place rhubarb, sugar and water into a small boiling pot. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
Add strawberries and bring back to boil another 2 minutes.
Allow to cool a little and then place into a blender and mix until smooth. Be careful! It will be hot still. Feel free to add more sugar or water, depending on preference of sweetness and thickness. I prefer my syrup to be thicker and less sweeter.