Make the crowd at your house go wild over an edible football field made of beans, cheese, and salsa with this Football Super Dip!
I’m not much of a football fan, believe me I’ve tried to like it but it’s never really been a sport I could get into. Now baseball, that is a different story! But I have watched the Superbowl over the past several years because, well, let’s face it, I’m really just there for the food and drinks. This year I had to be reminded that it was even approaching. Apparently having a baby makes you completely lose all sense of time.
Will I be watching this Sunday? Nope (see previous sentence about having a baby) but I did make a Football Super Dip to enjoy for dinner tonight with our tacos and for anyone else who cares to bring a fun-themed appetizer to their Superbowl party on Sunday. At least I can be there in spirit with you if you make this.
All you need is six layers to make this no-bake, easy to throw together Football Super Dip:
- Refried beans
- cheese (use dairy free if allergic)
Feel free to add your own layers like diced red onion, a thin layer or sour cream (use dairy free if allergic), or even pickled jalapeños for those who aren’t afraid of a little spiciness. Here is a photo tutorial on how to assemble this Football Super Dip:
- 1 16 oz. can refried beans
- 12 oz. jar of salsa
- 8 oz. cheddar cheese (use dairy free if allergic)
- 1 tub pre-made guacamole (or use 4–5 smashed avocados)
- 1 c. shredded lettuce
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 1 gluten free tortilla
- 5 green olives
- 5 black olives
- 1 almond
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Fold one tortilla in half. Cut out goal post shape so you get 2 of them. Spray with cooking spray and bake in the oven on a cookie sheet for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to cool.
- Heat up the beans either by stovetop or microwave until heated through.
- Add to an 8×8 or 9×12 glass pan.
- Cover the beans with the salsa layer. Add the cheese and then layer with the guacamole.
- Coat the sides with the shredded lettuce.
- Place the sour cream in a plastic baggie with a slit cut out of the corner and create the football field lines.
- Add the goal posts, olives for the players and almond for the football.
- Place on a platter larger than the pan and stack with chips, gluten free pretzels, and other dipping goodies.
Don’t forget the baked gluten free tortilla goal posts (I used BFree tortillas), green and black olives for the opposing players, and an almond for the football. The crowd at your house will go wild to dip their chips into this fun appetizer!
Need more game day inspiration? Check out these recipes: