Gingerbread Men are so 2011. This Christmas, gingerbread is coming in Ninja form:
They shall be named NINJABREAD MEN!
Have a seat, friends, we need to talk. Have you been feeling down this holiday season because you are gluten-free? Have you felt that pang in your heart as you have had to pass the plate of delicious treats? Well cry no more because these Gingerbread Cookies are unfathomably delicious! Santa Clause has come early this year and he is handing out probably the best tasting gluten, egg, AND dairy-free gingerbread cookies you will ever sink your teeth into this Christmas season.
The flavor will punch-kick you right in the mouth. Guaranteed. And the best part? Tastes JUST like they were made with flour, eggs, and butter.
NinjaBread Men Cookies Recipe
See Brooke’s original recipe before I took the gluten, egg, and dairy out of it.
Gluten, egg, and dairy-free
Makes a swarm of Ninja cookies
- 1/2 c vegan butter
- 2 1/2 c gluten-free all purpose flour mix
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 c molasses
- 1 flaxseed meal egg (1 Tb flaxseed meal + 2 Tbs warm water, allow to sit for 5 minutes to thicken)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 recipe Powdered sugar icing
- In a large bowl, beat margarine with an electric mixer on medium to high speed about 30 seconds or till softened.
- Add about half the flour.
- Add sugar, molasses, egg, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves. Beat till thoroughly combined.
- Beat or stir in the remaining flour.
- Divide dough in half. Cover and chill about 3 hours or till easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a cookie sheet, then set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each half of dough in to 1/8 inch thickness.
Using a cookie cutter of your choice, cut dough into shapes.
- Place 1″ apart on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or till edges are firm. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer cookies to a wire rack.
Powdered Sugar Icing
Makes 1/2 c of icing
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- non-dairy milk
- food coloring (optional)
- In a small mixing bowl, combine powdered sugar and vanilla. Stir in a dash of non-dairy milk and food coloring (optional) until well blended and thick. If too thin, add more sugar. If too thick, add another dash of milk.